1. Data Protection and Privacy
SFHA shall mean the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations.
- Information provided through use of the Website
- Information provided during the course of orders, transactions and bookings
- Information provided through enquiries or by the completion of any request and or invitation for information.
- The SFHA recognises that your privacy is important to you. The information you submit to the SFHA will be kept confidential and secure once received. The information will be processed by the SFHA or on its behalf under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The SFHA strives to maintain the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in all our operations. Likewise, we are dedicated to protecting our customers', consumers' and online visitors' privacy on our website.
3. Personal Information
Any personal information provided by you or obtained from other sources by the SFHA will only be used for the following purposes:
- Updating and enhancing customer, contact and membership records and those of other SFHA related activities.
- Compiling information relating to your use of the SFHA's products and services and defining areas of interest to you
- Handling orders, delivering products and services, processing payments
- Communicating with you about orders, products and services and generally maintaining your account
- Advising you of other products and services which may be of interest
- Inviting you to participate in research studies and /or market research activities
The SFHA will only disclose this information in the following circumstances:
- Where your consent has been obtained
- Where there is a legal obligation
- Where there is a public duty; and
- In connection with the assignment or transfer of all or any of its rights and obligations to any of its group companies or to any other third party.
For operational reasons and/or in order to meet specific requests, data may also be processed on behalf of the SFHA by external organisations under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Record Keeping
The SFHA will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, the SFHA does not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by contacting us on 0141 332 8113. Please note that it can take up to five working days for the changes to come into effect.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from the SFHA you may notify us by clicking here and completing the notification form. Alternatively you may contact us on 0141 332 8113. It may take up to five working days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your Web browser; however, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the site.
A web beacon is a transparent image file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of sites. They are also referred to as web bugs and are commonly used by sites that hire third-party services to monitor traffic. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a web site.
6. Changes to Policy
By disclosing personal information to the SFHA you consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Please note that your continued use of the SFHA website and/or products and services constitutes your agreement to any changes to this policy and the website terms and conditions of use.
7. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
8. Non-Personal Information
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. The information collected is used solely for internal review and not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.